Friday 19 November 2010

Gok- Can

I'll be the first to admit that I was a bit sceptical towards the meeting of Gok-Wan.
I had a pre conception of an over exposed , perez type man who knew "a little bit" about putting clothes together.
So when offered the chance to be part of the filming of 'Gok Wan's Fashion Fix' i decided to give it a shot and see this man in person.
Now heres where i eat my words.
On first impression , he was just like any other well dressed fashionista- enjoying the attention of the occassional scouse "GOCH" and "isnt that , that guy off the telly?" whilst strutting up and down the escalator with a swing in his hips.
But one on one he was a friendly, energetic man who actually does know alot about clothes.
I witnessed him change a drab jersey maxi dress into a 70's floor length piece with just a few pins and the odd arranging of a halterneck.
One things true, Gok knows his stuff.
He may not have the sophistication and discreetness of Katie England but its clear that he's doing something right.
And what will Gok think of this blog post?
He'll simply tell me to Gok Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment